24 February 2012

In Which I Hate Mother Nature

Watch out, world, it's that time of the month.

If you think this is too much information for me to share, you obviously don't know me. There's no such thing as a verbal filter for me, and among nursing student/now nurses, there's nothing like the gross stuff to move along a conversation. A good bowel movement? Very important in the ways of assessments! Green vomit? Maybe it's gastroenteritis or maybe you just had too much green frosting on your cupcake last night. Burning when you pee? Gosh, I hope it's not the syph.

So I'm bitchy, and grumpy, and I gave up bread for Lent so my intake of carbs is WAY down, hence making me even more irritable.

I MAY have eaten my weight in ice cream yesterday.

But, today is a new day, and I have...

A BRAND NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES!! (and awesome calves. I know this.)

So with my new shoes on, I approach my old nemesis. I didn't work out yesterday because Dan and I had to spend the morning at the DMV. I forgot to pay my registration last month...oops! So I decided that I was going to just work a little harder today to make up for it.

My phone let me run 3.85km today in 28.5 minutes, so I figure that's good enough for me. For the most part, I've cut my kcals down to between 1200-1500 per day. I'm really enjoying my Just Dance 3 for the Kinect and I find that this makes me sweat as much (if not more than) jogging on the treadmill.

I just hope no one sees me dancing around, because I totally show my white girl dance skills on this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment